Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I am now part of the engaged world...





If you don't already know the exciting news....Chad and I are engaged! HUGE SURPRISE!

First off, here are a few pictures of the ring above. I have had several requests for a picture. However, it's much more sparkly and perfect in person. I also received a dozen red roses from Chad. They are gorgeous, as you can see from the pic above! He had them delivered to me at school. Ah...how sweet! I also received another bouquet from Kristin and Andy--they were waiting for me at home after school. What a nice sister:) That's the colorful bouquet pictured above.

Anyway, here's the story. First off, I'll give you some background: I told Chad that I really wanted my proposal to be a complete surprise. He surpassed all expectations of a surprise. I had absolutely no idea when, where or how it was coming. I told a friend earlier in the week that I thought that we would get married in a year or so...haha! Obviously, I had NO idea this was coming.

Monday morning (6/9/08) I woke up for my last day of school--it was a teacher day with no students so it was a low stress day. I went to wake Chad up before I left and he was acting all stubborn about getting out of bed. Imagine that--Chad acting all stubborn:) So, I proceeded to tell him in my best teacher voice that he needed to get up NOW or he was going to be late. He called me in to the room one last time and I fully expected to see him laying back down in bed; instead, he was down on one knee with a ring. I thought that I was dreaming--there was at least 30 seconds of silence where my mind was trying to comprehend the situation in front of me. I was 100% shocked, but very excited and happy!

Chad did a wonderful job both with the proposal and the ring. I couldn't have wished for anything more. We're just enjoying our engagement now--no plans for a wedding yet!

7 comments:

Keith said...

Good work Chad! Sounds like it was a big surprise and the ring is beautiful. Enjoy the engagement and your trip next week.

Kristin said...

I LOVE the ring! Great work, Chad!

It's so perfect because it's exactly like you always said you wanted.

I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday. I think we got some celebratin' to do... Woo hoo!

I'm so happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

Jenn and Chad:

Congratulations!!! Grandma clued us in last night. It is terrific news! The ring is gorgeous!! Chad, you are the man!!!

Carolyn and Tom

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Chad! Geez, the Sutter contingent is steadily flying into the world of wedlock! Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! The ring is absolutely stunning! A beautiful ring for a beautiful bride-to-be!

Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Congrats Jen!
I am so happy for both of you.
Look forward to watching your engagement unfold...enjoy the ride!
Love to you,
Aunt Patty

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Chad, welcome to our family! Great, great news!
Jenny send me your address via my email at cbogenschutz@gmail.com
Love, Aunt Cheryl